Whatever it Takes
Tools and Strategies to Connect with Your Customers
Free online 5 week workshop series for rural small businesses
Discover how your customer's needs have changed, and how you can adapt your business to deliver what they expect.
What You Will Learn?
BY THE END OF THIS WORKSHOP YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Better understand who your customers are (and might be).
- Better understand how their needs have changed in this new environment.
- How to communicate your solutions, services, products to customers.
- Define your advantages over your competitors and your customers alternatives.
- Improve your messaging and use storytelling.
- Explore new ways to get your products and services in the hands of your customers (both existing and new).
- Create a short term action plan to quickly recover.
- Develop a longer-term pathway to sustainability.
The Whatever it Takes workshop series is delivered over 5-weeks of online presentations (2 times each week so you don't miss one and is recorded as well). Whatever it Takes is also supplemented with an online course with additional resources.
You will be invited to group and one-on-one mentoring sessions with your peers, subject matter experts, and business consultants to ensure your business can rebound and recover.
When Does it Start?
WORKSHOP SCHEDULE AND DELIVERY:
- Live workshops launch Wednesday, June 3rd at 11:30 AM and/or Thursday, June 4th at 5:30 PM.
- There are 2 times each week you can tune in, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- The program runs for 5 consecutive weeks.
- Every event is recorded and made available for replay so you will never miss one.
- There are live peer learning sessions on Mondays and Tuesdays starting June 8th, times to be determined.
- One-on-one mentoring sessions will be available to schedule with workshop mentors and other subject matter experts.
What Does it Cover?
WORKSHOP SESSIONS AND CONTENT:
- WORKSHOP 1: Overview of the program, learning platform, and Business Model first pass.
- WORKSHOP 2: Customer, Problem, and Alternatives sections.
- WORKSHOP 3: Solution, Benefit, and Advantage sections.
- WORKSHOP 4: Message, Distribution, and Revenue sections.
- WORKSHOP 5: Needs and Costs sections and next step planning.
More About Whatever it Takes Workshop Series
(Previously recorded on May 27th)
Bret Carpenter has 20+ years of startup and established business experience within the manufacturing, technology, construction, business support and educational industries.
He has helped support the creation of exciting new businesses with triple-bottom line goals; social, environmental and financial. He’s passionate about rural economic development, sustainable capitalism, and B Corporations.
Bret currently teaches entrepreneurship and business foundations at Oregon State University, serves as an Entrepreneur in Residence for Foundry Collective, and supports the community by creating rural focused business workshops.
Brad Attig has a passion for rural Oregon and beyond. In 2018 he launched Foundry Collective, a nonprofit organization focused on supporting innovation and entrepreneurship in small and rural places.
Brad advocates for strong, locally based economies and self-reliant communities which embrace their culture and history.
Brad is experienced in developing creative business strategy and digital marketing ideas for small and mid-sized businesses and has been a successful mentor and thought leader for small businesses in areas of branding, online marketing, ecommerce, and retail for many years.
Partnerships Make it Possible
We are "Reinventing Rural"
Reinventing Rural is an online community focused on helping rural communities embrace their rugged culture of innovation and entrepreneurship.
RR is a collaborative effort of Foundry Collective, Rural Development Initiatives, and many partners. RR is supported by a generous grant from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, Business Oregon, and others.
Sign Up for the Reinventing Rural Newsletter Here!
We don't spam and we don't share your information.